Sunday, December 7, 2008

JK Rowling's new book!


So recently in the news I saw that JK Rowling, the author of infamous Harry Potter books, has written a new book called “The Tales of Beedle the Bard” which is a spin-off to the original Harry Potter series. Originally there were only 7 copies of the book, which Rowling had handmade. Six of the books were given to the people who had helped make the Harry Potter series so successful and the last book was given to auction off, the profit going to Children’s High Level Group. Amazon had bought the book for $4 million making it the highest achieved at auction for a modern literary manuscript. The book was published for the general public on December 4, 2008, with the proceeds going to the Children's High Level Group.
I am a Harry Potter fanatic. When I read the Harry Potter books, I couldn’t put them down! They were so amazing and full of detail; I couldn’t believe that someone could write a book that breath taking. As the Harry Potter books became more and more famous, my friends and I couldn’t wait as the next books to come out. We were all so excited when they had made movies out of the books as well (although I feel the books were much better than the movies). The books were so good, especially the Half-Blood Prince that when the “terrible thing” happened at the end of the book I was crying hysterically (don’t want to ruin it for people who didn’t read it yet). Finally when the much anticipated, Deathly Hallows came out, we were all so excited. I remember how my friends and I had gone at midnight to Borders, to be able to get our copy of the 7th Harry Potter book. After hearing that JK Rowling had made a new book, I was literally screaming with happiness. Although I had not gotten my hand on the new book, I am eagerly waiting to get my copy. I feel that the Harry Potter series IS and will remain the best series of books to come.

2 comments:

sarah kwon said...

I'm personally not a big fan of the Harry Potter series but I'll be looking out for the new book.

LaurenD said...

I always liked the Harry Potter books, but not so crazy over them as much as my friends! I watched all of the movies though. The fact that the book was sold for $4 million is crazy! I have heard great things about the Tales of the Beetle and the Bard. GBN even went to a state competition for a Group Interpretation of Beetle and the Bard.