Monday, December 15, 2008

Love for the game



Playing sports is fun and helps you stay fit. There are so many different types of sports and people have different opinions of either liking one or not. My favorite sport is soccer. I love to play any position, but my favorite is playing forward. Each position is important and has value, and each is needed in order to be successful. Being a forward, I love being able to run across the field, trying get the ball away from the opposing team. The feeling of satisfaction you get, when you are able to successful do a trick, after practicing so long, and then being able to apply that in the game. The best feeling is when you score and the crowd cheers, signaling that you have gotten your team a point. Playing soccer requires you to be fit and have a lot of endurance. There are many ways to build up endurance, but the classic running is the best. It helps you to build endurance, stay fit, and have an overall feeling of happiness. Whenever I watch soccer games, I try to successfully imitate the various tricks players do, to fool their opponents. Soccer players I admire the most are: David Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Mia Hamm. Whenever I see them play, I am always in awe at how amazing and talented they are. I have played soccer previously, but due to my asthma I couldn’t play last year. I hoping that I am able to play this year and the years following. All in all, I feel soccer is a fun and competitive sport.

No comments: