Do you constantly find yourself quickly typing up a message and pressing the send button? Always waiting for that familiar beep that lets you know that you have received a text? Whether at home or before or after school, we are always texting or calling someone. Today’s society heavily depends on technology and this is one other example that shows how dependent we are.
I find myself always texting, whether wanting to ask a friend how things are going, or to see if they want to catch a movie, texting has become a daily routine. When I first got my phone, I didn’t think I would use that much texts and so my parents signed me up for the 200 texting plan, but soon however I found myself texting more and more. When the bill came, I found out that I went at least 550 over my texting plan. My parents soon realized that unlimited texting was the way to go, despite all this I realized how addicted I was to texting.
Teenagers are so caught up with latest communicating methods. Whether calling someone, texting, aiming someone, going on Facebook or MySpace, our world revolves around being able to talk to someone and showing others our ideas and beliefs. Being dependent on technology has both positive and negative effects. On one hand as technology gets better and better, our lives get easier and better, but at the same time we might lose ourselves when there is too much of a good thing.
All in all, don’t be so immersed with all the latest technology. The next time you feel bored, don’t be so dependent on your cell phone or computer, but enjoy the simple things, like going outside.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Are you addicted to texting?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your blog is so true. We sometimes become very dependent on technology and forget to enjoy other simple things. My parents, too, had to get unlimited texting for me, but lately I have stopped texting so much.
Post a Comment