I had done a previous entry about how teenagers are so immersed into technology (texting/cell phones), and Facebook is another example of this. Facebook is a way for people to communicate with each other and for you to share photos and videos with your friends. It is also a way to keep in touch with people you don’t see or talk to on a regular basis. All in all Facebook is a real effective tool of communication, but how many times a day does one go on? Are you spending all your time on facebook? I have noticed in the past couple of months that the amount of time I go on facebook has increased dramatically. I heavily rely on facebook to communicate with others and I don’t even notice the amount of time I spend on it. I might be talking to a few friends and commenting on a few pictures and then realize that hours have gone by. Technology plays a huge role in our lives and they are always coming out with new things. I am proud to say that my amount of texting has decreased but that is only because now I use facebook more. Especially since I have internet access on my phone and easily get on facebook. As stated previously, people are so addicted to technology, especially teenagers. Hopefully I can reduce the amount of time I spend on facebook and do something more productive instead.
Monday, April 6, 2009
I had done a previous entry about how teenagers are so immersed into technology (texting/cell phones), and Facebook is another example of this. Facebook is a way for people to communicate with each other and for you to share photos and videos with your friends. It is also a way to keep in touch with people you don’t see or talk to on a regular basis. All in all Facebook is a real effective tool of communication, but how many times a day does one go on? Are you spending all your time on facebook? I have noticed in the past couple of months that the amount of time I go on facebook has increased dramatically. I heavily rely on facebook to communicate with others and I don’t even notice the amount of time I spend on it. I might be talking to a few friends and commenting on a few pictures and then realize that hours have gone by. Technology plays a huge role in our lives and they are always coming out with new things. I am proud to say that my amount of texting has decreased but that is only because now I use facebook more. Especially since I have internet access on my phone and easily get on facebook. As stated previously, people are so addicted to technology, especially teenagers. Hopefully I can reduce the amount of time I spend on facebook and do something more productive instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I also have asked myself these same questions, am I addicted to technology? I seem to say I'm only going to go on facebook for a minute, and then I look at my clock and realize an hour has gone by. I try to get myself off of it, but I use it for school too. I have discussion groups for a majority of my classes on facebook. Obviously technology has become very important, but are we becoming to dependent on it?
I agree with you that the frequency at which I have gone on Facebook lately has greatly increased and while sometimes it is a great communication tool, it can also be a complete time waster. I mean honestly, how many times can one person get a Compare People notification? For some reason though, Facebook pulls us in and we all just need to "check our facebook". It's great for some things, like our Chem group and other academic group threads, but I'm working on trying to cut down on my Facebook time.
I cannot explain why everyone is so fascinated with Facebook, but yet I am too. It has easily cost me multiple homework assignments, but yet I can't stop going to Facebook.
Post a Comment