Thursday, September 18, 2008

World of Art

What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “art”? One might say stick figures, scribbles, scenery, or anything else that one would associate with the art. For me, it is a way of expressing one self through various mediums.

I have been taking art classes since I was four, and it has become part of my life. From all the stress and drama from school and daily life, it is good to know that there is something you can go to, a way to relax and break away from all other chaos. I have been to three art schools, completing the various levels. By far, Monart, school of arts, has been the best and I feel it has so many opportunities for all who wish to do some form of art. Monart provides many mediums to work with, from charcoal, to clay, to oil paints: Monart has helped me develop a firm foundation in art. Even though I don’t think I would pursue a career in art, art has still become a vital role in my life. I enjoy working with all sorts of medium, but my favorite medium to use is pastels. I love to use the various colors to form a picture of some sort (landscapes preferably).

By doing art, one would also learn about various artists and how their society perceived art. After completing a piece, which is displayed for all to see, a feeling of satisfaction of finishing the piece, at the same time a feeling of amazement that you actually created that wonderful piece of art, fills you.

No comments: